Thursday, February 14, 2013

Trade with Cards On Cards.

Whoa.  Is that some kinda radioactive goo emanating from Jack Morris here?  He's glowing!!  Maybe this radioactive goo is responsible for Jack's Super Human ability to "Pitch To The Score"?  At any rate, Jack Morris is the new Radio & sometimes TV guy for the Blue Jays.  It should be interesting.

'Radioactive Jack' was sent to me via the very generous Kerry at the sublime Cardinals blog: Cards On Cards.  We swapped Red Birds for Blue Birds annnnnnddd....here's some of the excellency Kerry was kind enough to send my way.

Blog hero Roy Halladay.  This is a card I didn't have, which is just tremendous.  I watched some of Roy's press conference yesterday & here's hoping he bounces back.  I'm none too hopeful for the 2013 Phils though. That division has gotten pretty wild with the Nats & Braves stepping up.  And Michael & Delmon Young?  Yikes.

Let's stick with pitchers for now.  I'd take this guy for the 'Best Pitcher Of The 80's' crown (if there were such a ridiculous thing)...but I'm also very biased.  Dave Stieb for all his orneriness, was filthy on the mound & still owns a good many Blue Jays pitching records. 

Kerry's package was choc full of compelling oddities, mini's & things like this Fred McGriff Toys 'r' Us card that are very welcome in my Jays collection.  I knew that Toys 'r' Us had issued cards at one point, but the few that Kerry sent are my first.  Huzzah!

I'd never heard of Raul Tablado prior to seeing this 'Lumber Cuts' Donruss card...but....here he is!  Fun card.

There was a healthy number of 2012 Gypsy Queen included, including this handsome Romero patch as well as a number of mini's & mini variations that I was unaware existed.

Yep.  I had no idea this Eric Thames variation...was a thing.  Pretty nice shot of the departed outfielder. 

Of any Blue Jay...ever, George Bell has the coolest cards IMO.  So many of his cards have funny or oddly candid photos that sort of give you an idea about his character.  And from all that I've read, Bell was a very unique presence in the clubhouse of those 80's Blue Jays teams.  As he once famously said: "Those fans, they can kiss my purple butt..."

Here here George.

Thanks for the trade Kerry!


5 comments:

Arno said...

The first half of cards from this post were... psychedelic. Haha.

madding said...

Glad you liked the cards! That Jack Morris card is one of those things that gets weirder and weirder the more that you stare at it.

Roy-Z said...

People send me unknown Jays from the Gord Ash drafts and Int'l signings often. I always feel kind of embarrassed, now that I know pretty much anyone in the farms system to some extent.

Love the all-star Halladay, by the way.

Also, I managed to acquire two Colby Rasmus camo foil parallels from this year's Topps if you're interested in one.

Dennis Amos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dennis said...

Thanks again Kerry!

It did occur to me as I was starting to put the post together that a number of the cards were pretty wild & psychedelic.

Roy: I'd definitely love to trade for the camo Rasmus. I'd be happy to send something swell your way for it!