Thursday, January 24, 2013

Topps Rides Again.

Boom.  Remember when Jose Reyes was doing all that crazy, awesome stuff for the Blue Jays last year?  Those were good times. 

For more good times check out Topps' Facebook or Twitter for more images from the soon to be released 2013 Series 1...if you're so inclined.

As you can see, Topps is up to it's dastardly photoshopping tricks again.  Unfortunately it's been going on long enough that we should just expect this sorta stuff now.  You or I might not like it, but Jose Freakin' Reyes is gonna swipe that bag for the Blue Jays in Series 1, so suspend your disbelief & hand in that Gun & Badge pard'ner. 

On another note, I've been contemplating starting a Jose Reyes PC.  We'll see I guess.

I will say that aside from the usual qualms, I'm wildly excited for the release of the flagship. I'm super into the look of this years set and thinking about it more...and looking at the released images more - I feel like it might be best for my fellow Torontonians if I'm sequestered away somewhere for the next seven or eight days. We're on edge over here & can't wait to rip open some packs!

2 comments:

Roy-Z said...

I have a card show on Sunday, and I am debating whether I should grab some packs when they come out or wait until after.

Our community of bloggers will be burying everyone in posts on the 2013 Mothership, and I want to be surprised.

Dennis said...

Not seeing any flagship cards prior to opening packs would be a great surprise. I wish I had the will power to avert my eyes until getting my hands on some!